Plate from Privy dig...as good as new( Almost)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: woodswalker

I don't have a dishwasher anyway...never have seen the point. We have one at work and no one ever wants to load it or empty it....and then when you do all the dishes are still half dirty even tho they've been run thru the wash already or they come out with crusty little white spots every where[:'(] LOL[:D] I guess I'm a little more like my mom than I thought!

Must be an old dishwasher. I would kill for one! I cook and bake a lot and it would save me a lot of time, energy and space. A dishwasher uses less water than washing a ton of dishes by hand and if it's a good one, is a lot more sanitary and works well. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want a dishwasher. I've already heard the joke, "Yeah, but we already have one"[:D][:mad:][;)]

Nice willow ware, btw.

woodswalker

Reaction score
I feel for ya Lauren...I love to bake and cook as well...
The dishwasher here is pretty nice but when you have 6 or 7 guys just piling stuff in it....its not going to work so well lol! I guess Im lucky because my Chris usually takes care the dishes...I work and cook, he can do the dishes!!( Unless I want it done a certain way)
That plate did turn out great and looks good in my display....and the romantic story/fable behind it was beautiful :)~
Amanda

Reaction score
ooooh, Spode!

Probably made between 1890, when the McKinley Tariff act passed, requiring that imported china be marked with the country of origin, and 1921, when the words "Made In" were added to the required marking.

your pal,
The Grammar Fairy

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's cool, this is one of my first finds. Circa 1970 (my dig, no idea of age). I glued it and use it. It's marked, among other things, "Semi China" so it's not quite China? I gotta look that up. Grammar fairy, don't pick on me, OK.

F25A1DD943A54208B60C6F2A4BA53BF5.jpg

Attachments

• F25A1DD943A54208B60C6F2A4BA53BF5.jpg
    F25A1DD943A54208B60C6F2A4BA53BF5.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 64

Lordbud

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

I have a large number of privy dug bowls and plates, including yellow and mocha ware. All are routinely used and run through the dishwasher, and none have been harmed by doing so. The old materials are every bit as durables as the more recent stuff. This is especially true of ironstone. if it can survive 160+ yrs in a pit, it can be cleaned and continue to be used as intended.

Pretty amazing. I'm one who would never even attempt using an old piece. But then it's not like these are calendar plates with gold leaf around the edge...or gold paint...[8D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

I have a large number of privy dug bowls and plates, including yellow and mocha ware. All are routinely used and run through the dishwasher, and none have been harmed by doing so. The old materials are every bit as durables as the more recent stuff. This is especially true of ironstone. if it can survive 160+ yrs in a pit, it can be cleaned and continue to be used as intended.

Cal I hope you ran it through 100 times lol you would never see we eating off a plate from a pit.I do drink out of a green 70s squat,it was near mint when I dug it no sickness no scratches.It looks likes it tumbled.I washed the lip off 100 times[8D]

rockbot

Reaction score
We have a dish washer that we never use. Thats what kids are for![:D]
All jokes aside, with a large family a dish washer is useless. Most people in Hawaii don't use them not to mention a lot of the cleaning agents are pretty hard on the environment.
In my house everyone washes their own dishes and does their own laundry.

Nice plate by the way![;)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler