PLEASE ANSWER MY POST!!! ~Newbie Needs A Few Answers~

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey, I ran a search on devilbiss perfume and came up with alot of websites. I saw alot of listings for mint atomizers for anywhere from 10 bucks to 2 or 300 dollars. The main thing with pricing glass is condition. If a bottle is in dug condition it isn't worth as much as a mint bottle. Chips and cracks, to most collectors, pretty much kill the value all together. I don't usually dig bottles that new. Most of the bottles I dig are from the 1800's or early 1900's. I really like the meds, sodas, whiskies, druggists, poisons, and foods. If you have anything like that, I can help you out. I'm just not familiar with anything newer than 1920's or so.
While you will occasionally run into a wierd person when your digging, generally they are harmless. Where the danger comes in is the actual digging itself. You normally have to dig deep to get the good stuff and when you get into it you can get hurt. Wear thick gloves to protect your hands from cuts. Don't tunnel with alot of dirt overhead, it Will collapse. Always remember to wash you clothes and shower after a dig. They used chemicals and poisons back then that can still hurt you today. Try to always dig with at least one partner in case one of you get hurt. There are alot of tools and equipment that can make a deep dig more safe and go alot faster. If you want, I can give you a list of what all I use when digging a deep privy or dump site. Good Luck and Have Fun! Chris Capley

little

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

That's actually some pretty darn good advice. Lol. I got cut twice last week and it sucked. I was all worried cause I didnt know what I could get from it..tetnis, poisoned, etc... Seems ok now though. Definetly need some of those heavy suty gloves that are cut resistant. I would appreciate that list of what u use. Thanks alot.

Brooke

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4