Please Help w/Mystery Round Bottom

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

leebran20

Reaction score
I'm posting this for a friend who is writing a report on a historical area, and we were hoping maybe some of you out there might have an idea what this bottle was, from what company, it's age, etc. to better help with his project.

I've seen the actual broken bottle, but didn't have my camera there to photograph it, so I took with me instead this sketch which my friend had made. The round-bottom bottle is blue aqua, it was found in a 1850-60s privy with predominantly English bottles, and the partial embossing which could be read, " ...ANTRELL/...RANE'S/...ED WATERS/...LIN

I'm figuring the third line is "AERATED WATERS" and possibly above that "COCHRANE'S"? Fourth line, "DUBLIN"?

I don't know, just some guesses before I go off to do some research to help too.

Thanks much.

Ca81838.jpg

Attachments

• Ca81838.jpg
    Ca81838.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 73

woody

Reaction score
Cantrell is the first word.
All the others are correct, I believe.

Here is a link to their history.

http://www.cantrell.ie/history.htm

leebran20

Reaction score
Woody: You are the man. Thanks very much. I just got off the phone with my friend to let him know I posted, and then I got your response. He's an older guy that's not adept with technology -- his words -- and he was much appreciative of my help, as I'm sure he'd want me to pass along the same sentiments to you. Take care.
[:D]

woody

Reaction score
Your welcome.
I think all bottles diggers have run across one of these bottles at one time or another.
I know I have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem