Please help with flask ID

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MuddyMO

Reaction score
I've since learned more and more about the historical flasks, but this one has stumped me again, and again, and again. I've looked over all the Group II flask pictures, and then all the descriptions, and have not been able to find this one. Today was the third time I re-read about every GII description! Any help on the McKearin number would be much appreciated! Note: Both sides are a similar eagle, however, they are different.

botlguy

Reaction score
I believe we need MUCH better pictures to help. When I collected Figured Flasks / Historicals I also struggled to ID them but if "In Hand" I could usually do it correctly. Sorry, I know that isn't any help at all. Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
In the last 40 years many new molds have been discovered for the Pittsburgh types. You may have to add a letter to an existing number.

MuddyMO

Reaction score
I tried photographing the bottle a little more professionally, and honestly, the eagle shows much better in the window pics I posted. The better background washes out discernible features on the eagle. I see this on some of the Heckler auction pictures. The shield has 6 bars on obv., and 5 on rev., the eagle has the "hairy" look as seen in the GII-128 (no shield 1/2 pint). Three arrows in each talon, and a segmented, upturned forked pennant to the left. Besides my GII-130, it's the only other pint-sized double eagle in my collection that faces to the right. It looks like a kindergartner had his take on mold engraving.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator