Poison? B.P.Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Recently I have seen a few of these bottles listed as poisons on ebay. I have not been able to find any listings as to them being a poison. I have dug several of these over the years. I have a very similar cobalt bottle embossed PEPTENZYME/Reed &CARNRICK/N.J. Also have a square cobalt bottle embossed BROMATED PEPSIN, just wondered if the B.P.Co. might be connected with this bottle as well. Anyone have more info on these bottles? Thanks.

Cliff

He97473.jpg

Attachments

• He97473.jpg
    He97473.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 76

diggerjeff

Reaction score
those held small round pills. i have seen one full with paper. i am sorry i can not tell exactly what kind of pill s.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Cliff, I had one of those I bought on Ebay back when it was new. It had the box, label, and content. I could shoot myself for selling it but I paid $4 and sold it for $50. The B.P. Co. is the Bromated Pepsin Co. The P and reversied P stand for Parker & Parker.[:)] I have never been able to get another.

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Cap,

Figured someone must have at least seen one of these with its label. My original guess was Bromated Pepsin guess I was correct. Probably was in a pill form as well. Didn't think it was a poison even though seller on ebay listed it as one. Thanks for the info, noe I don't have to keep searching my bottle bookd and magazines. Pretty little bottles in amy case.

Cliff

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi all,

Don't know if this post infuenced ebay sales on the B.P Co cobalt bottles. A few sold well listed as poisons before the post but the last one had no bids at $9.99 listed as a poison. Maybe just coincidence, probably should have kept quiet.

Cliff

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen