poison bottles, were should i start?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

monsterdigger

Reaction score
I am new to collecting bottles, I am interested in collecting poison bottles. I see alot of them on ebay but they all look the same. What should i look for? What makes some rare? Where should i start digging?

Jim

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Monsterdigger. Poisons are my specialty. The first thing I would recommend is a good reference book. The best ones I have found are Rudy Kuhn's poison bottle workbooks and also the APBCA workbook, which is new for 2005. Check around on the internet, as both are available. There are some poisons that look like they would be very rare, but are worth less than 20 bucks. Then there are some that may not look really cool, but are worth a small fortune. Rarity is the biggest factor in the value.

As far as digging, any old dumps that date before about 1940 could contain poison bottles. Unfortunately, they don't usually turn up very often. If you could find an old hospital dump or something similar, you might have a better chance. I'm always reading the poison forum here, so if you ever need any help with one that you find or buy, I'll be happy to help. Good luck in your searches. Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28