Pontiled Green Inks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Joe, Bill and Rick. Gene and I have a good system if one of us really wants a particular bottle. I loved these inks and had to have them. I had an amber embossed strap-sided flask that Gene has wanted for his whiskey collection for some time.

I have no problem sharing information among friends. With the flask, a few local milks that I had doubles of and a little cash, I have about $250 in both of these inks. We both got the bottles that we really wanted, so it worked out well. ~Jim

appliedlips

Reaction score
Those are great inks Jim and it's nice to see they stayed with someone that dug them.I'd say they are worth at least triple what you have in them,probably more..It looks like you are getting closer to that local pontilled soda your looking for.

Jim

Reaction score
Jamie, Thanks bud. They sure are nice to look at.

Doug, Thanks. I know there are some of those sodas around. It's just a matter of hitting the right pit. I was down in the pit when the umbrella came out. I was scratching away some loose dirt, and it rolled right past me. Gene dug the cone out, and it was one of the first pontiled bottles to show up. I'm glad they were both intact. There were a few heartbreakers in this pit, including two historical flasks, a Turlington's Balsam and a John M. Winslow Compound Syrup Of Hoarhound, all pontiled. I saved them all, I always do. The flasks are just fragments, the Turlington and the Winslow both have bad lip damage. The Winslow has a cool error, the N in JOHN is backwards. ~Jim

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Being the ink nut I am. These are just ridiculus. Very rare. Its nice that you two can work things out. That its not always about the money.

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, John. I'm grateful to have a good digging partner who is willing to work with me. Unfortunately, I'm sure there are some guys who would have sent these inks to auction and said "Bid high if you want 'em.". That would take a lot of the fun out of it. For me, it's all about the history of and appreciation for the bottles and other artifacts that we find.

I try to give something back to the hobby and my community for all of the fun and goodies that I get out of it. I have donated a lot of items to my local historical society. I also enjoy giving bottles to friends who like them, and seeing their reaction when they ask how much money I want and I tell them "It's yours.". ~Jim

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Great inks and pics. Good for you! I probably have at least 40 different blown inks, a few are pontiled, English shear tops, ambers, aquas, umbrellas, common cones, spools, boats, cobalts......none are any shade of green, let alone green AND pontiled. NICE SCORE!!! Thanx for sharin'.

PD

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Tom. Other than these two, I only have one other pontiled ink. It's a little aqua 12-sided umbrella from my very first pit. I like inks, too, and have about 50 of them altogether. ~Jim

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter