Porcelain Insulator Rare ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jaroadshow

Reaction score
I live in London , Ontario and found a great old dumping location with a lot of different glass insulators and some porcelain insulators along an old abandoned railroad line in Southern Ontario. Looks like they were stripped off the poles over a hundred years ago and dumped in the spot I found. There are hundreds of Insulators and some bottles. I found a lot of the flat ( medicine bottle shape Thomas Edison "Special Oil" bottles and the round ones. I know these are common. I am posting a brown porcelain. I believe it's a "Pony" shape. I am not an expert on Insulators but have been collecting / digging Old Bottles for 44 years.
I will be posting the different insulators I found a little later plus the top of an old Exide glass battery box. It is in great condition.

I am wondering if anyone could tell me if the brown insulator is common or rare.

Thank You

E8D0FE5DB15640FE92340BC4470E699E.jpg

Attachments

• E8D0FE5DB15640FE92340BC4470E699E.jpg
    E8D0FE5DB15640FE92340BC4470E699E.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 104

SergioWilkins

Reaction score
Hey there!

I live in London, Ontario as well, so it's good to see some other folks in the area!
Your insulator is a somewhat common toll style used along the former Canada Southern/Michigan Central line which ran from Windsor to Fort Erie. It's a big line, and I've turned up shards of that style along several parts of it. They're not terribly scarce, but I admit that I haven't found a lot of intact ones.
Good find!

vintage books

Reaction score
I have a brown porceline insulator & a smaller blue porclein which is really neat

BillinMo

Reaction score
That photo looks like a Pittsburg product to me.

Hey, Marie - can we see a pic of your brown and blue insulators?

vintage books

Reaction score
yes, I'll send pictures whenever I can figure out how to post picture on the internet. Sorry, I'm still very internet illiterate

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1