Possible Decco Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottleopop

Reaction score
Hi bottlerocket. Yes, the Five-O is a good looking deco soda bottle. It comes in 7.5oz, 7oz, 6.5oz, and i think 6oz size too. The Big Guy is another cool deco soda bottle. There are thousands of different ones. I don't think there is an official name for this kind of bottle; there are the ACL bottles, and the straight-side bottles, but these seem to have no official name. Anyway, I call them deco bottles, which to me means nothing more than soda bottles with artistically decorated glass shapes; 'deco' for short. Of course there is the Art Deco movement (see wikipedia) but that's mostly about architecture, not specifically about glass bottles, although the design of some deco sodas appears to have been inspired by the Art Deco movement, while others do not. Deco sodas are what I like to collect. [:)] ACL bottles are also attractively decorated (with paint), but.... I can't collect everything! [:D]

bottlerocket

Reaction score
Thanks bottleopop, that is a great description. I hope to find more of these deco style. They are so unique.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Brian Wade's book listed about 400, didn't even make a dent in the overall and he focused on just the 20's and 30's.I still want one of those, wish it would get reprinted.

PASodas

Reaction score
Perhaps the Five-O was anticipating Hawaii as the 50th state in '59. Bet Steve McGarrett drank this while Dan-O was booking some thug. Ha ha.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583