Possible embankment dump question!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jake12

Reaction score
WHi again, I'm very excited because I found a good site witch could have some bottles buried somewhere!

The place that I found is some woods , it is lined with big old oak trees and once u r inside it it's huge! The land is very hilly and slopes down into a pond. A possible feild stone foundation is clearly visible and I have found some red bricks . I did find some pottery shards and old rusted items but that's about it. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I dig this place, should I start from up the hill or from down it? Thanks comments and helpful tips would be appreciated!:) -Jake

RCO

Reaction score
i agree there could be bottles somewhere on the site but its not guaranteed . i would go there when its sunny out and look for broken glass or anysign of a bottle or jars . usually if you find one there is others nearby . but it can be tough with sites like these to find the dump site as things have changed alot since people lived there and things are covered with alot of leaves and dirt by now .

beendiggin

Reaction score
Something I always do: Stand way back from the slope so you can see a wide angle or panoramic view, then look carefully at the lay of the land. If you see an area that looks humped up, rounded over, flattened or somehow different from the rest of the area, that's a good spot to investigate, even if the plant growth looks the same. Sometimes I look at the area from straight on, other times from a right angle to the slope. Either way, the idea is to spot an anomaly in the natural lay of the land. A foot or so under the surface and you could be right in it.

Of course, if you see debris, that's a pretty sure sign something is above it under the surface. Digging some test holes will usually find it.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin