Possilbe prototype Mountain Dew bottle or hoax?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Please note that I am the guy who "almost" plopped down $1200.00 on the bottle. I actually feel better now that I didn't. But in my continuing quest (obsession?) to try and figure it all out, some of my research has taken me where no man has gone before. [:D]

Which brings me back to my recent inquiry regarding the original "Trademark" image of the hillbilly. And it isn't so much that this trademark image will prove anything one way or another, but rather that it challenges me when I try to find something that I know exist but can't find.

Here is the best clue I have found so far regarding a date for the original trademark image.

mountaindewbottle.jpg

On November 12, 1948 the Hartman Brothers filed for and received a trademark on the now famous label – a professional redraw of the 1946 paper label.

Additionally ... Here is a link for those of us who would like to have a better idea of the Mountain Dew "timeline." I have seen others like it, but this particular one is my favorite because of it's simple format.

SPBOB

Link to Mountain Dew timeline.
http://www.twoop.com/food/mountain-dew.html
[/align]

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
You want belive how I hate dredging this back up.

Somewhere in this post I read "Texas collector.........", most of us know "who" that is, and as allways he was at Columbia.

So I says "Mr. G.W. tell me about that Mnt. Dew bottle."

He say ".................I offered xxx.xx, no deal............................................"
"Ok" I say. Then I follow up, "Where did it come from?"

....and here's what he told me.

It was made by a few guys that were working in a Oklahoma glass house.
Also to note, he said they made three or four of these bottles.

Whether or not this is the actual case, I don't know, but that's what has been told to me.

acls

Reaction score
Were they made in a glass house in the 60s as a prototype?

or

Were they made in a glass house recently to deceive Mountain Dew collectors?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4