Post a pic of the best bottle you own or have ever owned

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rtgoff

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here so not sure if I'm even doing this correctly.
Many years ago my wife was living in Bermuda. Back then it was still ok to dive the ancient shipwrecks.
We have never priced any of the bottles she dug up and brought to the surface but are ready to now. (Getting old, health issues etc.).
Some of them are from charted and verified shipwrecks. (One civil war). She also has a stone smoking pipe with the tapper to go with it. The stem has dissolved over the centuries. (Shipwreck charted is over 300 years old.).
There's also quite a few ampulet?/ (sm. glass tubes filled with opium/heroin???) the ones they used to jab into the skin and then break off during battlefield amputations.
There seems to be nothing about 300 year old pipes or shipwreck bottles to be found.
I have photos but where do I start??
Ralph

Bluegrass

Reaction score
No disrespect intended!! You'd have to tell me which one it was. Then I could look it up again.

Just thought I'd add a rare KY quart ale dug recently. It doesn't match puce torpedoes, but it's pretty nice to find this one in green.

61435886A8AE4EC0B2AC3858CC441A55.jpg

Attachments

• 61435886A8AE4EC0B2AC3858CC441A55.jpg
    61435886A8AE4EC0B2AC3858CC441A55.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 72

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Hi Ralph, I'd start a new post in whichever one of the forums seems most likely to answer your questions.

www.privypages.com

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Ralph Bluegrass is right .By the way welcome to the forum .Just start a new post under this topic or diggen and finding with a few pics and brief descriptions and one of these great people will know something I'd say . By the way Bluegrass great Ale there .Iwas up Brads way and help with a large stone pourch all one stone and heared his name mentioned quite a few times as I cant shut up about bottles .Oh and courtday was fun up that way too.
bill While not top dollar nice the same

310C20B509564AAA8834AA0D00CE5503.jpg

Attachments

• 310C20B509564AAA8834AA0D00CE5503.jpg
    310C20B509564AAA8834AA0D00CE5503.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 51

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
My space is good for peer to peer viruses,which I contracted once.Thats why I say away from that Scene.
A lot of people submit story's to AB&GC, Its just that all of them can't be selected.I talked to Jim-H at the show this weekend, he said send those dig story's in if you got um.Look for me in the up coming months in A.B, I wrote a two part story "Privy's by The Yard" Its a goodin.
As to winning anything, I could care less about that,I like to write about my digging adventures and share the excitement with the rest of the bottle digging world,and who ever finds it interesting.

appliedlips

Reaction score
John,good to hear from you. Are you missing that Ky. digging yet? I keep checking your site for new digs and keep getting dissapointed.

Now as far as that ale is concerned, how are we going to get it to Ohio? I think two Felix Fritz's & a Henry Wenzel ought to be a fair trade?[:D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Your story was great Tigue I enjoyed it!I enjoy getting Antique Bottle & Glass Collector each month waiting to read a different dig story from a different part of the globe,or maybe right down the street from where you live.The dig adventure in this months issue is from Hawaii, cool stuff!Last month it was a privy in France,who knows where the next hole will turn up [8D]

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Hey Doug, nice to hear from you. You seem to have been doing fairly well in the ale department yourself (now don't get greedy!). I've been digging a bit, but had to redo the entire site in order to keep it up to date with higher resolutions and such. That led to burn-out in the creative department! I'm still hacking away at the revised bottle gallery (cursed thing).
I'm back in KY. That brass monkey weather in Iowa was enough to send me packing--worst winter in 20 years and then I had to build an ark just to get out of the place!

Take care.

Bluegrass

Reaction score
True, and I kept getting emails with pics from scantily clad girls with inflated boobs. I thought I was in heaven at first, but finally it turned into hell because none of them wanted anything to do with me once they learned that I didn't have any money. I was seriously depressed for some time afterward because four spotty Liverpudlians had assured me that money couldn't buy one love. It's a confusing life.

www.privypages.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday