Potential for sites and locations for bottles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thebaronjp

Reaction score
Hi All. New to forum and to bottle digging. I have been metal detecting for years and know that there is no such thing as a hunted out spot or location - that there are many places yet to yield potential finds. Is it the same for bottle digging?

sunrunner

Reaction score
yes , really , thou it seems that every body and there uncial is out there digging , there are still a lot of places to find bottles . If your looking at dump sites from the 1920s and 1930s , the big city sites are so deep and masuve unless you have a backhoe there is no way to even get to them , also privy's and trash pits on city lots are still plentiful . I also metal detect and I find always some thing cool . even if it's a weaty .

thebaronjp

Reaction score
sunrunner said:
yes , really , thou it seems that every body and there uncial is out there digging , there are still a lot of places to find bottles . If your looking at dump sites from the 1920s and 1930s , the big city sites are so deep and masuve unless you have a backhoe there is no way to even get to them , also privy's and trash pits on city lots are still plentiful . I also metal detect and I find always some thing cool . even if it's a weaty .       

Awesome info. Thanks.

RCO

Reaction score
there is still a lot of potential locations to find bottles , even in big cities there is places to find bottles like construction sites or older homes/properties . also once you get into the country there is still a lot of older homes and farms . vacant lots and old parks can also be places to find bottles . I could list all kinds of locations where I have found bottles the last couple of years .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.