pretty sure I screwed up today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

creeper71

Reaction score
I was at a sale that had a historical flask.. I know hardly anyt5hing about them! guy was asking 20.00 for it to much for me since I don't know about them.. it had a iron grey pontil.. I wasn't sure if it was repro or not so I passed... btw it was a flask with grapes anh aqua.. I do not have pic cause I didn't buy it..

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hmm, live and learn I guess. Is there enough time to go back and buy it?

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Hmm, live and learn I guess. Is there enough time to go back and buy it?
I was stuck at worl til 3pm went back soon as I left work... it was gone! Wish I could have remembered the other side of bottle..like I said I know nothing about those bottles an only knew they was repro'd by the zillions..lol Ionly had 35.00 to last me a week so 20.00 to get burnt was alot...

LC

Reaction score
Would a repro be worth the asking price of twenty dollars ?

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
This is just not your day,looks like you screwed up twice,this is the "Digging and Finding" thread Hahaha [8D][8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are no repros with iron pontils.. so it's gotta be real. Don't kick yourself over it though, maybe it was stolen.. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are no repros with iron pontils.. so it's gotta be real. Don't kick yourself over it though, maybe it was stolen.. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

I always heard that too... I think I can usually tell a real flask from a fake one, usually it's obvious. I've seen tons of those Lysol ones or whatever from the 70's. The Clevenger ones might not be so obvious, but I hope I never run into a situation where I must choose.

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I always heard that too... I think I can usually tell a real flask from a fake one, usually it's obvious. I've seen tons of those Lysol ones or whatever from the 70's. The Clevenger ones might not be so obvious, but I hope I never run into a situation where I must choose.
guy selling said he thought it was a clevenger bottle, I was pretty sure it wasn't... I was thinking maybe someone some how counterfeited the iron in the pontil.. the lip wasn't sheared like I thought it should have been...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward