Priceless

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

d12016466

Reaction score
I too I'm just jesting........... dui. (diver unlimited international) if I got a 100 dollar bottle every time I went diving for the next 10 years I;d still be in the hole..........got to love it.......[:)]

d12016466

Reaction score
I like to refer to the Marine Patrol or DEM as "the clam cops" - they're not bad if you stay within the law. But the local archeologists are another story. They think every bottle belongs to them. But they're not out there in February looking for them. I would like to let you in on my secret in finding bottles, but please don't tell anyone! Okay, here goes: the mooring ball goes up and down, up and down, up and down....hey, I think I wrote a song! The mooring ball moves the chain on the bottom which eventually digs a hole exposing new finds. I've found everything from a 50's soda bottle to black glass, sometimes at the same mooring. So that's about it. Good luck! Dave

2A0ED337B1BB40BFB501164869DD5D02.jpg

Attachments

• 2A0ED337B1BB40BFB501164869DD5D02.jpg
    2A0ED337B1BB40BFB501164869DD5D02.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 66

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Dave,
It looks like your suit was designed to be dry. There are few things that are less fun than a dry suit with bad seals.
In your last picture, you look like a fireman taking a break from battling a blaze. And I suppose that its not too dis-similar from diving (because they do breathe from an indepedant air source and wear crazy suits). Once again, glad to see you out there. It's going to be awhile for me. I won't even start itching until the flowers are blooming.

tigue710

Reaction score
Oh man, diving under the influence! Of the bottle bug that is... I can't remember if it was the Jamestown bridge or off the Kingston bridge but you used to be able to see the skeleton of a ship underwater... I guess now that I'm out west I can share a secret, there's an antique shop on rt 1 right across from east cove point rd on the old post rd, next to a fruit and flower market called the rambling rose, always loaded with great bottles, I mean pontil bitters and what not... And good prices... The woman who runs the place is a sweetie, and dare I say very pretty...

d12016466

Reaction score
tique thanks for the tip on the pretty woman, oh I mean antique shop. I'm going to check it out as soon as I get out of the water this weekend....... that's if I can feel my hands[:)]

tigue710

Reaction score
For sure, it's by far my favorite antique shop, some of my best bottle buys were made there. Her brothers are big time diggers and run a excavation co., they're the ones who did the site work for the restoration (although from the ground up) on the new hotel in watch hill, I can't remember the name of it but sure all the rhodies know what I'm talking about... They hit a trash pit there from the original hotel that was loaded with pontil bottles, I had quite a few pontils from that pit I bought from her...

808 50th State

Reaction score
Wow Dave way to go!...Damn that's hard core...what some of us will do for a bottle, priceless ...aloha Earl

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973