Prices for Pepsi or Coke bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diajoy33

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a website or book that would let me know how to price these coke or pepsi bottles to a private collector. No auctions. These bottles are from the 50-60's

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Dianne, Petretti's Coco-cola Colloectables Price Guide by Allan Petretti and The Encyclopedia of Pepsi-Cola Collectibales by Bob Stoddard are the ones I use. You can pick them up at any good book store or on line.

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Dianne, 50's Coke and Pepsi bottles are not listed in most bottle books. I know a Coke bottle collector who has talked for the last 10 years about publishing a book on Coke bottles and prices but to this date he has not yet. There are so many varriatons in these bottles it is hard to keep track. Type of logo, colors, shape of bottle, type of product that was in the bottle, etc. Waren is right you can check those two books.

You need to keep in mind a majority of those bottles top value are $5.00 to $15.00 aprox. However there are some rare and unusal bottles that can go for alot more. The city on the bottle has a lot to do with it's value. Just the other day I saw a Big Chief Soda (Big Chief was a flavor brand name for Coca-Cola) from some small town sell on ebay for over $400.00. These bottles are rare and sometimes on ebay two bidder, with more money than they know what to do with, will inflate the value. A few years ago I ran into a Coke bottle where the city was miss-spelled. I didn't pay much for it and I ended up selling it to my Coke bottle collector freind who I had bought it for in the first place, for $75.00, about half of what is was worth. The other thing about the city is who is buying it. Example a Brooksville, FL 50's coke is worth $5.00 maybe a little more to a Coke collector. However, I live near Brooksvile and know people, who are not coke collectors, but want the bottle because they live and or grew-up there. Some are willing pay $20.00 even up to $30.00 for one.

Hope this of some help to you.

Lee

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960