privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
whats behind the lattice a crawl space????

Andy4707

Reaction score
Our house wasn't added on. Out back door has always been that way. It looks like that because our kitchen is right there. Were would the cistern be?

Andy4707

Reaction score
do you know anything? I want to no where the cistern is, does anybody know were it might be by looking at the pictures that i have provided? If the pictures aren't good enought i can take somemore, just say something. If you could help me find the cistern that would be very helpful!!!!!!!

swizzle

Reaction score
Just a dumb question? Did every house in the early 1900's have a cistern? Swiz

Andy4707

Reaction score
I think i no where the cistern is. I asked my dad were a cistern would be. He said that it is in the basement. i will take a picture of it tomorrow. He said that there won't be one outside burried. Is there anything that i could dig up outside in my yard that would have bottles?

whiskeyman

Reaction score
ANDY...
Cisterns were used to catch rainwater run-off from the gutters and store it for use in the household. I have found them under recent additions to houses, in basements, under porches, and outside the house...one was about 200 yards from the house near a barn.

Your house does indeed appear to have had a section added on at some point in time...
On smaller town lots the cistern was close to the house,often at the back side or rear.
Happy hunting.....

Andy4707

Reaction score
Is there anything outside that i can look for in my backyard that would have any bottles? Privy? Anything that would have bottles or something. Look at the pictures, were do you think there would be a privy?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1