Probes, Here They Are !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
I will whole-heartedly attest to the great probes and paddles that Lou makes. They may cost a little more than most but they are well worth the investment.
You should see some of the bottles Lou and family has uncovered out here in CA.........spectacular to say the least!

Hope you don't mind me giving you a plug Lou.

Order yours today[:D]

Doug

athometoo

Reaction score
at the risk of sounding stupid , what are the paddles for ?

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Close in work. They provide excellent control when gettin' down and dirty. A shovel is useless in a privy pit, as is the three pronged scratcher. I cringe whenever I see that thing used. The paddle tool is an extension of your hand, but with longer reach for hard to get to places. Try it, you'll like it.

TreasurDiggrNY

Reaction score
Very nice, as mentioned, thanks for sharing. I was looking on the web for all the info on probes I could find but didn't see that one.[;)]
TDNY

probe buster

Reaction score
I, too, highly recommend Maxbitters' probes and paddles. I've made my own over the years, also bought some from other probe makers, but when it comes down to my favorites; Lou's probes are the best! As a matter of fact, I have one probe and two paddles on order from him as I write this. A digger really can't have too many back up tools.

Dwayne

diggermeister

Reaction score
I also think that these tools look very good. However, when I went to buy an 8' on his site I was unable to find a way to order it; no 'but it now', 'push to purchase', 'get yours now' etc. button and no link to an order/shopping cart/check out page. Am I missing something?
I tried the 'contact us' option but have not gotten a response. Does anybody have an eMail or phone # that they could share? Thanks,

cadburys

Reaction score
I should be getting some very nice 5 ft probes in the next week or two. They are made of high tensile 3/8 steel which does not bend like cold rolled, they are double welded (through the handle) and have replacement tips. I have used one for over a year and they are really great. I will post a you tube video of them so you can take a good look at the quality of the work (which is professionally done) You will be impressed. I expect that I will sell them for $35 for a 5 ft + shipping

Thanks, Anthony

diggermeister

Reaction score
I still really want to get in touch with Lou at Old West Bottles to buy an 8' probe. Anyone here who may be able to contact him directly? I've tried the 'contact us' on his site to no avail. Don't see a way to purchase from the web page either...Thanks

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin