Progress ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

green dragon

Reaction score
did get out to dig a little after dinner tonight.

the old farm dump, not too old, but close to home .

no pics yet ( left my camera at home :( .... but might be getting close to some finds ( hope so ) . as it;s getting older.

found more 70s pepsis, a few glass 64 oz - did bring home a nice styrofoam labeled 64 oz RC cola ... an old flat top root beer can , but found jars with lids, a mason and an atlas... plus a brown colored insulator, so it's getting older, just not real quick .

came home after I broke my potato rake handle ...... so will be poking around on and off, til the weeds get too thick, then willbe on hold til fall.

~ AL

still trying hard, and smiling, so-so dig beats sitting home watching tv anyday :)

green dragon

Reaction score
for the NDNR soda guys

note: did find one of these today :

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-pepsi-2-liter-glass-bottle-64-oz-rare-L-K-/320524950537?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa0c69c09

one I dug was broken, sadly, label similar shape ,maybe a lil better then the ebay one .

question is, that ebay one has an unusual ' saver' labeled cap - the one I dug has the cap, should I make note to grab i next time, just cause it;s unique to this bottle ?

still learning, sorry to be asking about new bottles, but that's what I'm digging ( and I recall these from my childhood, so they make me all warm n fuzzy, lol )

~ AL

madman

Reaction score
RE: for the NDNR soda guys

hey al, i think yer on the right track, farm dumps can produce some nice stuff, milks ,sodas , jars, as far as the styrofoam soda bottles id pick them up if in good shape, sounds like the insulator is 30s 40s just keep diggin youll find the old stuff soon

TJSJHART

Reaction score

surprisingly the larger acl & Styrofoam covered bottles are worth more these days,,,maybe because they came out when recycling started up those are some nice finds you can use them in trades. now that one listed earlier that the label was taped back...i don't think so

green dragon

Reaction score

did some digging this morning - old town dump I got a lead on from some old 70s era diggers.

pretty well picked , and eroded into the river.

found a nice but broken slug plate soda with no bottom, sadly I broke it worse getting out. :(
no great items - old French's mustard, a 'patent pending' looks like a catsup, real small screw top medicine and depression glass salt or pepper ( with broken off top, but I kept cause it;s cool and old :) .

this one shows some promise, going to hit it when I can . and if the river level goes down later in the summer, then walk the banks ( real steep bank right into the water, so I have not been able to get in the river and get back into the banks much ) .

keep posting, you got me encouraged ( jealous :), but encouraged to keep hunting ) .

~ AL

green dragon

Reaction score

here's the weeks finds, cleaned em up today and here's the so-so pic .

still plugging away but not much age ( 70s is fun to collect, good thing :)

~ AL

4AE151208CF34E2A95C637DD2A4B0A8E.jpg

Attachments

• 4AE151208CF34E2A95C637DD2A4B0A8E.jpg
    4AE151208CF34E2A95C637DD2A4B0A8E.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 51

TJSJHART

Reaction score

now that R C is in decent shape as long as you are diggin something out of the ground it is worth doin . sounds like a recent dump not too old.

green dragon

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: TJSJHART

now that R C is in decent shape as long as you are diggin something out of the ground it is worth doin . sounds like a recent dump not too old.

appears to be maybe 1950s and newer, although not to the bottom yet.

did pull some half pint milks, 1952 - but may have been late throws, also a couple short Atlas jars.

most has been 60s - 70s, but it;s close to home , permission to dig, and hey, I grew up in the 60s- 70s so it;s way nostalgic :)

did find a dump from about 1910-20, but only had one day to poke around a lil so far ( it's been dug a lot in the past, so gotta go deep or get lucky ) .

heading to my uncles today, he has a few old foundations and around one we think was a root cellar we found tons of shards, blob top necks, etc - but only whole one was a slick med so far. still neat to see old glass.

~ AL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson