PROMOTING OUR HOBBY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a big pile of cone tops.
altesfront2.JPG

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Nice display Bruce. I collected mostly beer cans since the 70's like many others and enjoyed the local can shows from the past. One of the chapter shows is no longer, and one other chapter stopped doing their mid summer outdoor show several years ago. Those two shows were my favorite shows back then. Twice I've sold my can collections due to negative comments from certain collectors, only to end up restarting a new one. I tend to get frustrated with with comments made by some can and even now bottle collectors. The ones that state a negative comment about what some people, including myself, happen to collect without researching what it is they or I collect. I've noticed many beer can collectors have been adding bottles to their collections now that can prices are going through the roof. To me it's still about just having fun collecting what I like regardless of the value. If some are worth plenty that's great, if not and I like it I'll still keep it. I don't post much anymore due to the negativity, not really here on this forum, but other sites or FB groups that I'm on.

Last edited:

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Nice display Bruce. I collected mostly beer cans since the 70's like many others and enjoyed the local can shows from the past. One of the chapter shows is no longer, and one other chapter stopped doing their mid summer outdoor show several years ago. Those two shows were my favorite shows back then. Twice I've sold my can collections due to negative comments from certain collectors, only to end up restarting a new one. I tend to get frustrated with with comments made by some can and even now bottle collectors. The ones that state a negative comment about what some people, including myself, happen to collect without researching what it is they or I collect. I've noticed many beer can collectors have been adding bottles to their collections now that can prices are going through the roof. To me it's still about just having fun collecting what I like regardless of the value. If some are worth plenty that's great, if not and I like it I'll still keep it. I don't post much anymore due to the negativity, not really here on this forum, but other sites or FB groups that I'm on.
When it happens, you've got to let it go in one ear and out the other. I've been fortunate as I have never cared about what other collectors think of my collecting habits. The vast majority of collectors are wonderful folks. It's only a very small few that can't seem to keep their mouths shut. The negativity is a black eye on the hobby and is really unnecessary. Those few bone heads aren't totally worthless. They can still be used as an example of how not to treat others. Ha ha. Collect what you like and like what you collect is my axiom.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Don't stop posting because of some morons comment. I was wondering what happened to you. Your the one collecting for whatever reason, so have fun.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Don't stop posting because of some morons comment. I was wondering what happened to you. Your the one collecting for whatever reason, so have fun.
Well, I also haven't been bringing home as many bottles as I had before, I have so many now I really only look for listings of bottles that are what I collect and harder versions to find, keeps me from tripping over way too many....lol

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26