protection from mosquitoes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

davenwil

Reaction score
I heard about it and tried this concotion and it works like a charm and not as bad for you either.Just mix water and listerine 50-50 in a spray bottle and spray yourself all over(not in eyes,mouth o.k.) and 'skeeters will leave you alone.I tried the first time and walked into the middle of the woods where the skeeters were terrible and not one bite.

jesster64

Reaction score
I'm going to give it a try. Sounds better than spraying "OFF" all over myself. Plus it should be good for ticks too.

davenwil

Reaction score
Any flavor is fine, as I have used 2 different types -same effects:just have different tastes when sprayed in mouth for that extra clean feeling.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
I always think mosquitoes are bothersome until the horse and deer flies come out! Then I forget about the mosquitoes. I would wear some very light (breathable) pants to protect your legs. A long sleeve shirt (even light) can be muggy, so I usually just go for bug spray. Good luck!

Wangan

Reaction score
I remember hearing about this but never think to try it.I hate the thought of what those toxic chemicals are doing to me and even though I wash it off as soon as I can,it has already soaked into my skin.

I agree RIBottleguy,the big flies are far worse!Dad used to say "they take a bite and spit it out,then go in for the good stuff!"[:D]

athometoo

Reaction score
took a ten minute walk in a creek today , dirt work by an old rr bridge and i had to look . no glass anywhere but on the drive home i found a tick crawling up my neck . maybe thats what all the toc listerine bottles are for . [:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960