Psychology of collecting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
He would love any of that! My cats are like a normal domestic cats energy on steroids- super athletic but their endurance is not great. So fast but will easily pant if you have them jumping after a wand toy, fora while. A bored Savannah ends up in trouble- so it’s good to help them direct and burn off some of that energy.

The ladder is out of there, and I’m thinking about rehoming that little table & chairs for space-it’s a nice spot to do contracts when selling the babies- still it’s a smallish bedroom .(& we have added a 4 kitten litter in there) all areas inside and out in the catio have cat wheels that they wear the bearings out in, often. That’s why when I did the suitcase shelves, I just gave up keeping the cats off them. Pointless!
8fcc2cce9ce2f12c5772aa3eb2e11e7b.jpg

61b2cd339302bae43146f906f06a782c.jpg

Basically cat heaven here on earth. What a great set up for your furry friends.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

opmustard

Reaction score
Wow, what a great question.
Personally, I have always been a collecter of many type of things throughtout my whole life.
I have noticed that I'll buy a new bottle, enjoy it for awhile, but then I move on to the next one.
I just have to have it mentality, think that I am never quite satisfied (though I do enjoy sitting in my collection room and staring at my stuff.)
My poor wife isn't a collecter, but has done a good job of putting up with my craziness of collecting.
Collecters are a little different people.
opmustard

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Just my opinion. Lol! I could never keep it all clean. My cat Rodger would load up my antiques with his hair in no time if I hung them up on the wall like that. They must be screwed to the wall. It supports the cats weight.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Rodger looks bored…. He needs friends to rip up and down the ceiling with! All night. He looks like maybe a late night hangover? I know that look around here. (Is that an armoire hanging out by his back?). I’m thinking these guys are purrrfect for you all, no
hair, and nobody’s ratting out Rodger, either, for all the stuff he does when your not looking!

9fe8422ee02d2589dbec7af7fa246bf0.jpg

eb077954e80a9a8d32240ae1ffc1d9ad.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Rodger has his groupies, that's what i call them. I sit outside and kids come by, they all know his name and he gets pet by all of them. I came outside one day and he was getting pet by 4 teenagers that were sitting in a circle on the sidewalk. They were passing him around like a cheap bottle of wine and loving him. He of course was eating it up. They are nice kids. I try to keep an eye on him when he is outside but really he doesn't need it. If they were being mean to him he would have them all running for their lives. He is funny and doesn't let anyone mess with him.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Wow, what a great question.
Personally, I have always been a collecter of many type of things throughtout my whole life.
I have noticed that I'll buy a new bottle, enjoy it for awhile, but then I move on to the next one.
I just have to have it mentality, think that I am never quite satisfied (though I do enjoy sitting in my collection room and staring at my stuff.)
My poor wife isn't a collecter, but has done a good job of putting up with my craziness of collecting.
Collecters are a little different people.
opmustard
When I buy a bottle it is because I need it. Not that I want it. I feel sick at the thought of not getting it. With that said, I am fascinated by my new bottle and love looking at it, feeling the whittled surface. Then one day I just stop looking and it just sits in a window sill. On to the next one I can't live without, lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

cokemanracer

Commemorative Soft Drink bottles, all brands, ACLs
Reaction score
I also collect toy soft drink vehicles, and years ago there were sometimes Coca-Cola sets of maybe 10-12 different 1/64 scale vehicles. I would find 7-8 of them then drive all over in a quest for the ones I was missing. Got pretty intense when it got down to that one I needed, but don't really see sets like that any more. Someone told me Coca-Cola got greedy and increased their licensing fees to the point it would have driven the price point up too high for a cheap toy. Would drive my wife nuts but she'd go along for support. Shes a great person and understands and supports my hobby. eBay made it a lot easier but with shipping for one car it would get pricey.

Now, there's a place called M2 Machines that issue Coca-Cola and their flavor branded trucks and cars. Semis run $19.97 and individual vehicles $8.97. I don't worry about getting every one of these, but will pick them up in the store when I see them. They also have the tougher to get chase vehicles, maybe one per store or on line only. Don't mess with these either. I figure at that price I can be happy with what I find and let the others go.

Last edited:

opmustard

Reaction score
When I buy a bottle it is because I need it. Not that I want it. I feel sick at the thought of not getting it. With that said, I am fascinated by my new bottle and love looking at it, feeling the whittled surface. Then one day I just stop looking and it just sits in a window sill. On to the next one I can't live without, lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Yes, I tell myself that I need that bottle as well. Wanting it, well that is how I sort of justify going after it.
LOVE my NEW bottle, really! I play with it, feel and enjoy how great it is, until I see, find another bottle that I need and the whole process begins.
Crazy, yes, no, maybe? We are fortunate to be able to collect stuff (bottles, glass, etc.)
opmustard

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause