Putting some Med bottles on public display.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I got a crazy idea when I was at the hospital visiting my Brothers first born, a son.

They have a large display case in the lobby...and from time to time, you can see different collections of art, historical items, and so on.

I got the number for the Hospitals "chief of displays and decor", and if she will allow it, a friend and I will put 15-20 of our best medicine bottles on display with a chart explaining what they held. I'll also have a brief blurb on our hobby to explain it to the masses.

What do you think? Any advice?

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea! Be sure and put in some truly Quack cures if you've got them, with an explanation on what and how they cured. That is really a grand idea! I would think the doctors and staff would get a big kick out of it, but it would be something for all to enjoy.[:D] Kelley

jodie

Reaction score
Very cool I say. I love showing others my bottles. Some like them, some don't. I love any chance to talk or show them.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I only wish I had some of the bottles YOU guys have shown me the last few years! The ones I have are rather pedestrian compared to some of the beautys I've seen here.
I will put in the most colorful and crudest I have, along with a few labled clear ones.
My friend Dave has several superb bottles, including a few embossed cobalt meds..he is ready to donate them for a while.
You guys should think about doing something like this if you can..if the bottles can be safely displayed.
I will certainly get pics, and I will make sure this website is listed for anyone who wants to investigate further.

quarrylizard

Reaction score
Great idea be shure to post a pic of the display....i would love to see it ...would be great if it would catch on.

jodie

Reaction score
You go Oldtimer it's a great idea and you will inspire others to do the same. Why should bottles that are so historic not be displayed as grandly as other historic items?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter