Question about Illinois slug plate

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
Looking for info on a straight side slug plate bottle from the Canton Bottling Works, Canton Illinois. Is it common, scarce, rare? Ballpark figure on value? It's really clean, BIM, and clear in color. Thanks!

icollectfruitjars

Reaction score
Fairly common. You might be lucky to fetch $10, but get 2 crazy people at an auction and....you never know. I saw two guys bid up an amber Waneta Cocoa Jar yesterday to $85 (they usually sell for $15-20)

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Jera,my. I just went to your name registry and didn't learn much there. I just spent a few hours reading about Saratoga Springs and I have a few of them in FL. I may be putting some of them up for sale this winter. At 85 and without much income - I need to be generating some cash from selling instead of keeping. I have a lot of big advertizing bottles, demijohns, and bottles in general. My main interest is in hand blow bottles, turn molded bottles and applied handles right now. RED Matthews

Plumbata

Reaction score
It's a relatively available bottle, as are the hutches. Haven't seen any sell but 10.00 sounds fair.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal