Question for you divers?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Worldcupkeeper

Reaction score
Ive got this awsome place right behind an old asylum and since they wont let anyone on the property to look around, I figured I would do some diving right behind the place in hopes that someone at somepoint threw some bottles into the river. My question is, would I have to get permission to dive there or do I just have my dive flag in the air and just go for it?

bigghouse

Reaction score
wat i do is i ask the police if i can pick up trash and clean the enviroment to help the commmunity[:D]

adshepard

Reaction score
Who owns the property that the water is located on? If there is public access to the river then I say just jump in. Check your local dive flag laws if you feel the need to use a flag. I dive sans flag whenever the law allows and sometimes even if it doesn't.

Alan

sunrunner

Reaction score
adshepard: now thate i scuba dive,i believe,thate the river is public domane,therefore,id just do it,if you can snorkel,then you dont need a flage.

madman

Reaction score
HEY ARIC SOUINDS GOOD WHAT ASLYM???? MIKE

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I/we dive sans flag, as it draws unwanted attention. Use your compass and never surface in the middle of the river, but always return to the bank to come up.

Worldcupkeeper

Reaction score
in TN we are required by law to have a flag flying within 50 feet from our diving spot (the LDS has lost alot of flags in TN due to boaters that dont know what they are and run over them). There should be a boat ramp close by that I could possible use. I will also be doing some river cleanups in the near future and the lady who asked me to help out says they always find old bottles.

towhead

Reaction score
It is my understanding, that here in Minnesota, (for the inland lakes) as long as you are in the water, doesnt matter who owns the property in front of it-also, I believe there is actually a 4 foot Right of Way too.....

However, Lake Superior can be a different story-if one is thinking about looking for artifacts that may have come from the sunken ships....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib