quickies....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pchan

Reaction score
IMG_9838_zpsec2b58c0.jpg

IMG_9830_zps9e07eea9.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score
Very attractive, are you a fan of Japanese aesthetics? My grandmother is Japanese and it seems that I inherited a visceral appreciation for the style. I've collected suiseki stones and lovely gnarled bonsai-like dead wood since I was a kid. I've had no training or instruction, the stuff just "speaks" to me. Anyway, those arrangements look fantastic!

pchan

Reaction score
Thanks....yeah, I`m in Japan. I like the minimalist approach, that less is more sometimes. I was shooting at an old shrine one day and saw a very old pine tree, the bark was hanging off in places so I just pulled it off, varnished it and think it makes a very attractive table center, very wabi-sabi.

Typhoon was not as bad up here as in other parts of the country, they never are once they reach us up here, generally spent their energy already....so some gusts of wind and rain, other parts of the prefecture got hit worse but we live near the downtown area. Was out digging yesterday, found some more of the same but also found 3 small milk glass jars and assorted other stuff.

pchan

Reaction score
If you`re talking about the background...no, it`s paper....if you mean the flowers.....no idea.

pchan

Reaction score
yikes....after a quick search, the plant sounds scary.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause