R&J Adams St. Louis

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Well I finally got my first R&J Adams from St. Louis. I've been wanting to get one of these for quite a long time. They just never show up for sale and when they do, us Missouri guys usually all fight over trying to get one lol.

Luckily for me this beautiful teal colored example is one Theo, Curt, Arlin, Tom, and a couple others already have. It also had a small lip chip but will do for me just fine until a chance at another comes along. Which is few and far between with these mineral waters. They actually come in an array of different colors but many folks wouldn't know as they just aren't seen and tied up in collections. Theo might see this and post some of his killer examples.

Rudolph & John Adams went into the druggist business in St. Louis in around 1845 at the corner of 4th & Market St. They are listed at the same address through 1851. John Adams was listed as the only proprietor with the apparent death of Rudolph Adams in 1851. These bottles are circa 1845 to 1848.

There is also a black glass ale from the firm known. Only one example that I have ever heard of. If you have one of those ales please contact me and I will make you a very happy person. [;)]

~Tim

100_2620_zps07ba8213.jpg

100_2626_zps545c8cb6.jpg

100_2610_zpsdeeb14ea.jpg

Jim

Reaction score
Very nice, Tim. Gotta get the tough ones whenever the chance presents itself. ~Jim

epackage

Reaction score
Tim,

Podemos comenzar nuestra propia fábrica que hace falsificaciones allí!

Check out the link I sent you...[;)]

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I was really happy to get it. [:)]

Jim,

Pero esto es sólo el Paterson botellas que se hicieron allí abajo!

~Tim

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator