R. SWINLEY & CO

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

treeguyfred

Reaction score
I have this hutchinson bottle from Paterson, N.J. ,it has a double ring top.
It's a nice bottle that stands out amongst other hutchs, not terribly rare, as a matter of fact, rather common. Oh, and "whiskey top" or "medicinal top" are the terms I hear used most often to describe the lip finish on the Swinley. The other one that you referenced and Jim posted a pic of is in my "want list" to go with my other Swinley bottles and stoneys.
Swinleys.jpgSwinleys 2.jpg

So, I've been working up in The Finger Lakes and Canal region of West Central NY state. Terrible cellular reception and internet service up there which makes trying to stay up to date and involved here. Trying to explain my long periods of silence. I have been finding stuff while working. I found two pretty promising dig sites and I got mule shoes from the historic section of the Erie Canal near lock 28. They are tiny compared to horse shoes. I got a Diamond Brand ink bottle (square early ABM) it sadly had a frost fracture, so I photographed it and tossed it.

When I have a little more time, I will post more pics and try to get re-involved here.
My best,
Fred

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973