rare hartford piece

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cadburys

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes Trog, it does look like an early english lip. Bixby Bill, it does say CT after Hartford on the bottle, the picture just missed it.

The guy who owns it said he did research when he dug it and said that the company was only around for one year in 1862.

Bixby, as you live near Hartford do you know anyone who would be interested in buying it?

Thanks, Anthony

saratogadriver

Reaction score
The CT glass people will be on here in a while on this one. It's a good bottle, no doubt. I'd have guessed earlier than 1862 based on form, I'd have though 1840s. Great bottle. Gotta be well up in the hundreds, if not more.

Jim G

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Sent you as PM Anthony. I was born in Glastonbury (right next door) and would love to have a shot at owning this piece...

Oldtimer

Reaction score
That is a top shelf bottle, maybe not a $20,000 bottle, but still top shelf. I'd keep it for less than $1,000..but that's just me if I dug it myself.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I stand corrected. That is one heck of a bottle, my finances wouldn`t allow me to make even a decent offer for it. I wouldn`t take less than a grand for this if it was mine, but then I wouldn`t be selling it either! Since it dates to 1862, I`d venture to say that it was probably made at Willington, but it`s hard to say with something this rare. I know a couple people who may be interested in it, I`ll see if I can send them your way.

cadburys

Reaction score
Thanks Bill. I look forward to getting some interest on this great piece of glass.

Ant

cadburys

Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

I didn't get your PM. I PM'd you with my e mail address. If you don't get it let me know.

Ant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday