Rare maybe? cobb bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The fact that there seems to be no info on this particular bottle, D Clifton and Dobson in that combination, does it increase or decrease the value or is there even any value?
As with anything, supply, demand and condition are what make it increase. Being less common shouldn't make it decrease. I don't know Codds and couldn't put a price on it.
One thing could be there just aren't many collectors putting info online about them. Knowing what the D stood for might help for research.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Judging entirely by your photo, the bottle "appears" to be of later vintage, probably 1920s. Older Codds have a crudely applied top and seriously pinched neck.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I went ahead and requested info on your Codd from a UK site. I will post any replies.

Mike

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Here's what "grimdigger" had to say about your codd. My date attempt was off by 20, or so, years.

"A fairly common stockport codd bottle im afraid ,,dating to about 1900
The dobsons ones with 4 lugs in the neck appox $10.00"

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Re the Codd Bottles: They are still being made and probably used in India. I have six or eight and I quit thinking about them when the last one was made in India. It is interesting to read about the principle and use, but they are certainly not good for peoples health.
RED Matthews

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That's my understanding as well, that India is where they are still using Codds.. and their immune systems are probably all the stronger for it.. [;)]

Wangan

Reaction score
RE: Rare maybe? Codd bottle

There is a post somewhere in here with rare colored lip Codds from either Australia or South Africa.I am bad at finding the old posts,it doesnt seem to work well for me.Nice bottle Andra. -Tim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers