Ready to give up

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Digs_in_MD

Reaction score
As a complete newbie, my comments should be taken with a pillar of salt. That being said:

Try looking down - topographically, where refuse might have tumbled towards water or large/very old trees.

If you have a metal detector, remember that beeps may indicate other goodies.

Widen your search on yours days off , widen your search as much as your car can handle - fieldtrips can be so much fun when in pursuit of a dream.

If you have a local buddy, engage them in your interest. Additional input is valuable even if from the most unlikely sources.

Stay faithful to this site, for my short-term impression is that there is much wisdom to be gained here.

Best luck and regards,
Katie

glass man

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I have a privy in my back yard ,that I am not able to dig ,because of health problems. PLEASE COME DIG IT FOR ME AND WE CAN COME TO AN AGREEMENT ON HOW TO DEVIDE THE LOOT!

vll970

Reaction score
Where are you located? I am not sure if the message was for me or capsoda.

vll970

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a tiny collection so far and none of it is very rare but wanted to share it and maybe get some info on some of my bottles. I couldn't find anything on some of them.
Here it is. Please, don't laugh.[&o]

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=6fpafloc.4dmuibsw&x=0&h=1&y=-6z4d8g
invisible.gif

tigue710

Reaction score
love that kidney demijohn! We all start somewhere, thats nothing to laugh about... Wait untill you have so many you dont know what to do with them, then you can laugh!

Plumbata

Reaction score
I would LOVE to know the story behind that 1938 nazi bottle. Did you pick it up randomly at a sale, or do you know any background to it? I have no idea what it was used for or how rare it is but it may be just as valuable as that pontied demijohn, perhaps moreso to collectors of relics from that enigmatic regime. The slogan at the bottom was their national anthem, I believe, so it must be a pretty rare piece of early propaganda, or something of the like. Is it an all-metal bottle?

I really like that thing, lol. Nice stuff, seems like you know what to look out for.

capsoda

Reaction score
Great German pill bottle and the demi is good too. You have a pretty nice collection going and it will only get better with time.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4