RECALLING OUR VERY FIRST DAY ON A-B.NET

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I've had this idea for some time now, and decided today was as good as any to give it a shot. I had to think hard about the right title, as I wanted it to attract as much attention as possible. I hope many of you will participate and share with us your very first post here on Antique-Bottles.net. The reason I decided to do this now is because my eighth-month anniversary will be this coming Wednesday the 10th of November 2010. I first joined on March 3, 2010.

I wish there was a simple formula for finding your first-ever post, but if there is one I have yet to figure it out. Maybe someone else has a formula they know of and can share with the rest of us.

The way I found mine was as follows ...

1. Go to "My Setup." {Click}
2. Go to "My Subscriptions." {Click}
3. Scroll down to the "alphabetized" list and start searching. Every thread you ever subscribed to
should be listed there, including your very first one.

I think it would be especially interesting to see the first post of members who have been onboard for years and years. Even my first post is kind of funny in a way, and I can still recall how nervous I was to get it just right. So here it is for everyone to enjoy (and make fun of if you wish). This is all about having fun and seeing who posted what and when.

Link to my first ever post March 10, 2010 ...
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-295658/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#295658

Below is the bottle I was asking about. I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for making me feel right at home. I love it here! [:D] And plan to be around for many more years to come.

Thanks again to all.

Sincerely,

SODAPOPBOB

2AB500F9ECC84CE5A339E810BB0159F9.jpg

Attachments

• 2AB500F9ECC84CE5A339E810BB0159F9.jpg
    2AB500F9ECC84CE5A339E810BB0159F9.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 59

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I joined by proxy. My wife found this place way back in 10-26-2007. I left most of the research up to her back then as I was working. I didn't join until last year. I was board one lunch break in my MCSE class, so I hopped on the see what was going on, and have been here ever since. [&:]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Thanks guys. This could be a lot of fun. But it just dawned on me after reading Cyberdigger's reply that it might add a little flavor to include the first thread that everyone "Authored/Started." I didn't even think about the ones I simply replied to. Mainly I was hoping to see the thread where each of us first got our feet wet with a question or search of some kind. But if you happen to find both - (first reply and first personal inquiry) - then post both of them. The more we can learn about each other on this, the more interesting it will be. [:)]

Thanks again,

SPBOB

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello SODAPOPBOB, Well I appreciate your post of information about another function on this FORUM. I also enjoy the communications with most of the members. I seem to spend an awful lot of time here on the days I am available. I still haven't learned how to go back to old coverages on different subjects. I have tried the search sustem, but without much success.

I keep working on my subjects for the homepage, but that too can take up a lot of time and even then it is hard to find out enough about some subjects. The old bottle makers didn't tell much about their trade tricks - it was an early form of keeping their job secure.

For example; the concept of using a "Makers Mark" on the bottoms of their molds made on his shop, for the purpose of knowing who made a bottle that had a failure, or they were also used to give a production count of their shift productivity - whether that was for bonus return or hell raisin if they didn't make their product count requirement.
There just wasn't much written on the subject.

There are a lot of subjects in my blog list just don't give me enough information yet.
Again - thanks for your post - I will have to see what I have covered. RED Matthews

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The first thread I started: [;)]

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-191637/mpage-1/key-just,want,introduce,myself/tm.htm

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Cyber ~

Fantastic! But I'm jealous. How come I never got a full three pages of "Welcome Aboard?" (Just kidding). [:D] Actually, I have felt like a member of the family since day one.

I tried finding the E.L. Kerns bottle you sent me from your impressive collection, but I couldn't quite make them all out. By the way, thanks again for that. I still owe you one.

SPBOB

bottle34nut

Reaction score
i think this is my first post. its almost too embarrasing to show. greg

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-56703/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#56703

bottle34nut

Reaction score
i guess about 4 months later i figured out the picture sizing problem, because here is i think the second thread i started. greg.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-64984/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#64984

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey