Recent Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony14

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I lkike the sanfords to, common but cool. Last time i was out I pulled up a half gallon presto supreme mason. couldnt believe it was whole. Good luck on your up and coming digs, i dont think ill be out for a while(we just got an inch of snow and its still coming down heavy).

stormysouth

Reaction score
Hi Tony. I couldn't tell from the picture if it has an arrow and script. Does it say registered and coca-cola bottling wks 2nd, if so, Amber Cokes were made in Louisville, KY from 1912 - 1916 and if in good condition it could be about a $ 200.00 find.

Awesome finds,

Lisa

Tony14

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately no arrow but it does have the script on the shoulder and around the bottom. The only bad thing about the condition is weak embossing.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Tony, Allan Petretti's book says Louisville cokes are worth $100 but thats in excellent condition. I know there are a couple of different variants and some may be worth a little more than others. They usually go for $25 to$45 depending on whats written on them and how good they are. Been a lot of them on Ebay lately. Looks like you got a nice dig going, good varity of nice bottles.

capsoda

Reaction score
The crock looks like a food storage jar [ fruit jar ] mabe civil war era or earler. Could you show a picture of the bottom.

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
both are teens era . the ink comes in several sizes from sample up to qt and also several colors amber clear and aqua. louisville had around 6 different types of amber coca cola the rarest being coca cola with a circle arrow around it. the most common being the script base or upper script. the circle arrow was a $100 or so bottle but so many have been dug $40-$50 is more realistic now. script ones are usually around $30 or so not more than $40 again a lot have turned up on ebay etc. two nice bottles that anyone would enjoy digging. good luck . dmd

ronvae

Reaction score
It won't be lots of help, but maybe a little: There is a community library link for pottery info on Ebay, and they list the most common pottery/stoneware companies for the U.S., their dates of operation, and what kind of stuff they made. I think there is also a recommended reading section. Pretty general info, but a start. [8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229