Recent fleaBay score

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I don't like to purchase bottles from eBay, but on occasion a nice one that fits my collection shows up and, well, you know, 'ya gotta get after it. I don't really need another of these, but the bottle is exceptionally nice and crude. It is A.P.Hotaling's first embossed bottle and dates from the late 1860s to early '70s. The bottle is whittled to death, has uneven sides and a huge applied top. Bubbles abound and the thing is totally problem free. Embossed J.H.Cutter/Old Bourbon/AP.Hotaling & Co/ Sole Agents. Hotaling was the Pacific Coast Agent for C.P.Moorman's J.H.Cutter whiskey and was headquartered in San Francisco.
CIMG1830-1.jpg

CIMG1825-1.jpg

CIMG1822.jpg

Lordbud

Reaction score
Congratulations on the fine addition to your collection. I'm sure it will be in good company. Was this a recently unearthed example?

I haven't picked up much from the 'bay bottle-wise recently. Best I managed was to consolidate 4 Florida Waters offered separately -- into one "buy it now" deal. Ended up with two Crane & Brighams and two WEMs.

Like some other San Francisco druggists William E. Mayhew had his own private mold Florida Water bottles made. The Crane&Brighams and the WEMs come in both small and regular size examples. Overall there are approximately 30 different Western Florida waters including size and embossing variants.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind compliments everyone. As a Hotaling collector I have to try to assemble a run of different colored bottles with the same embossing. This one adds to the assemblage and is totally different. Now, I need very light yellow, a really tough one to come by.

SF Florida Waters are an interesting category, Jason. I have dug many over the years, but can't recall any that were particularly rare.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Mahalo, Earl. Have you seen any of those on Oahu? I know that they were shipped there in sufficient quantities to be available. Just curious.

Aloha, Mike

808 50th State

Reaction score
No Mike, I dug a few mainland whiskeys but none like that, I wouldn't mind having one like that in my collection, you hardly ever see mainland whiskeys for sale here, if they are they are usually common ones...aloha Earl.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles