Rehashing an old subject.Supercharge the forum

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I have seen a feature on another website which shall remain anonymous but it basically shows the monthly operating cost and the amount of donations attributed to it.. let that feature's absence on this forum be a good reminder that the best things in life are free... just don't forget to donate to this forum, especially if you keep coming back... and you know who you are.... and if you don't know, you are not lost.. because in the end, we are all just a part of one glorious whole... ..excuse me........... (sound of squeaky gallows) ............

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Lobey, but the man has a point. Sewell is still thinking that a forum and a website are the exact same type of internet entity, they aren't. Let me post a few of the forums I frequent and maybe you will get an idea of what I'm trying to say about the differences.

First we have Salute to Soda, which is a forum for soda collectors and employees in the soda world. While it does have some flashy graphics the mechanics are still very much the same as our present forums, and still have no resemblance to the type of websites that sewell has posted as examples of what he is looking for. http://salutetosoda.com/

Antiqueradios.com's forums, I'm relatively new to this one but as you can see it is still very much along the same lines as we have here. http://antiqueradios.com/forums/index.php

Then there is the Star Wars Action News forums which was the first forums I ever joined back in 2006, while it has gotten a facelift over the years it is still very much the same structure as this site and the others listed. http://www.reviewstarwars.com/forums/

A forums serves a specific purpose and eliminates style in order to serve that purpose. As these sites prove you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig, because that is the nature of a forum type site. Some of these sites, have companion sites that incorporate more traditionaly website designs in them, there is still the fact that a website and a forum are two completely different entities.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

Well spoken Oldtimer this was my whole point. This is a great place with some unbelievable people and knowledge. It just needs a little fine tuning. It is like having a 454 LS-6 with a blower, Edlebrock aluminum intake and headers flowing thru a fat straight pipe, a Ford 9 inch rear and you put all those great parts and atributes into..................................THIS

1A67941B2EBB48D6AF5CCCB7A5C3874C.jpg

As I have said that is what a forum is, an 81 Chevy van, utilitarian in the extreme, but it gets the job done. LOL!

glass man

Reaction score
class warfare jokes to a minumum OK PLEASE if you dont I'll slam the Beatles some more

I LOVE YOU DEARLY STEVE MAN...YOU GOT A RIGHT TO SAY AND THAT IS ANOTHER REASON I LOVE THIS PLACE!!I DID NOT MEAN ANYTHING BAD BOUT YOU..WAS JUST FEELING KINDA BAD BOUT A BOTTLE I SOLD AT BIRMINGHAM..IT WAS TO A PERSON WHO HAS LOTS OF MONEY ,MANY THOUSAND DOLLAR+ BOTTLES ETC.I HAD TO SELL..BUT I CAME OFF $75 OFF THE PRICE AND THE PERSON WANTED $1 MORE OFF!!! OF COURSE HE DID NOT HOLD A GUN ON ME,BUT IT HURTS WHEN YOU KNOW A PERSON HAS SO MUCH,BUT A $1 MORE OFF? [:-]

WHEN YOU NEED MONEY YOU NEED MONEY! I THANK GOD WE GOT THERE AND BACK...MADE SOME MONEY...WHEN WE GOT BACK OUR RADIATER WAS PEEING OUT WATER LIKE IT HAD BEEN SHOT FULL OF HOLES!!WELL WE HAD THE MONEY TO GET A NEW ONE CAUSE WE DID GET TO BIRMINGHAM!

HEY BRO. YOU KNOW I LOVE THE BEATLES,BUT THEY AIN'T GOD OR GODS TO ME...HEY MAKE FUN OF EM ALL YOU WANT!

WHEN THEY 1RST CAME OUT I HAD THE FAB 4 MOP TOP LOOK...MAN I HEARD MY MOM SAY A?????TIMES??? GET YOUR HAIR CUT YOU LOOK JUST LIKE A SHEEP DOG! AS THEY HAIR GOT LONGER OUR FIGHTING GOT MORE FREQUENT! THE LAST YEARS OF MOM'S LIFE SHE TOLD ALL HOW SHE HAD ALWAYS LOVED THE BEATLES AND GOT ON TO OLDER PEOPLEAND YOUNGER TOO AS THE BALD LOOK BECAME COOL...

ONLY TOOK 30 OR SO YEARS,BUT MOM FINALLY CAME AROUND!![:D]

THE BEST POLKING FUN AT THE BEATLES I HAVE SEEN IS THE MOVIE BY "THE RUTLES"..A MOCKUMENTERY OF THE BEATLES ,GEORGE HARRISON EVEN HAS A SMALL PART IN IT! HEY YOU ARE "GEAR AND FAB" IN MY BOOK!! MUNGO JERRY

glass man

Reaction score
I LOVE THIS PLACE CAUSE WE ARE A FAMILY[DYSFUNCTIONAL AT TIMES,BUT WHAT FAMILY AIN'T EVEN THE WALTONS HAD SOME BAD FAMILY MOMENTS]!

IT IS A SHEER JOY TO SEE PICTURES OF BOTTLES ON HERE I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF!ALSO IT IS WONDERFUL TO SEE THE GREAT COLLECTIONS PEOPLE SHOW ON HERE!!

THE BEST THING IS THE KNOWLEGE THAT IS FOUND ON HERE!!!MAN IF YOU CAN'T FIND OUT SOMETHING BOUT YOUR BOTTLE ON HERE...YOU PROBABLY WON'T FIND IT ANY WHERE ELSE!!

IT IS THESE SIMPLE THREE THINGS THAT KEEP ME COMING HERE,OH YEAH CAUSE I AIN'T GOOD ON THE "INTERNETS" I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY OF THIS PLACE..AS OTHERS HAVE POINTED OUT...I HAVE TRIED TO GET ON SOME SITES OF INDIVIDUALS AND GIVE UP CAUSE IT IS LIKE GETTING THROUGH A MAZE OR DOING FRACTIONS FOR ME! JINNY LIND

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday