repair crack in an extremmely rare bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stinger haut

Reaction score
Hey Rick,
I talked to the tech at Silpack and he said that the clear expoy yellows over time.
So, he suggested that I use the RU-570 A/B instead.
He said that it won't yellow, can take the tumbling of a machine and is very durable.
Whats your take on this info?
Stinger
Oh, check out on ebay under sodas, user name Carolinapontil and look at the Babb soda he has for sale. It is packed with close to the surface bubbles. He does his own tumbling (he is pretty good) and he mentions using a new method to clean his bottles. If you were to tumble that bottle using standard copper, it probably would have popped a lot of those bubbles.

irish digger

Reaction score
very interesting i must give it a try on a glass jug i have,thanks for the information

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
yes stringer thats what i have. it works very good and is as hard as glass when it dries.

rick

wedigforyou

Reaction score
Will these type of epoxys work on cracks in a honey amber flask? I fractured a beauty my son found and I'm wondering if it will cover the cracks - none of the pieces are loose. Is the epoxy only meant for a piece that's broken away? Thanks for any advice. [&:]

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
it will fix a crack, use a hair dryer to heat the bottle and then apply some to the area.

rick

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85