Research tool - embossed soda patents

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottleopop

Reaction score
In Google, click on "more", then click on "even more", then click on "Patent Search". In the search window put "bottle" and maybe something else. For example, I tried "bottle 1917". When a list of references comes up click in the dropdown menu called "View as:" and select "Thumbnails". Near the bottom of page 2, I found a likely looking bottle and clicked on it. I think it's the Bludwine bottle. The inventor's name on the drawing is Henry C. Anderson. Re-doing the search window with "bottle Henry C. Anderson" brings up 2 bottles. Is the other one the peanut-shaped pepsi bottle? Putting "bottle C. J. Root" brings up many bottles, some very familiar (the NuGrape) and some not-so-familiar (Goodings and Casco?), and perhaps some never used. Another interesting one is "bottle Vess". The familiar Vess waisted bottle is in there and so is the waisted Whistle bottle. Somewhere along the way, I saw the nice NuGrape with the grape leaves, but I forget where.

It's an interesting game to try to match the pictures with soda bottle names, to see the inventor's name, and to see what other embossed sodas they designed.

(I'm new here and don't know whether this is old information but I looked and didn't find it.)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles