Return to the forum for the better(Lesson Learned).

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Chicken is nice...
Chicken is nice...
Chicken is nice
With palm butter and rice...

Dave van Ronk

A420B8761BD44D21B7A832A939AEF5A1.jpg

Attachments

• A420B8761BD44D21B7A832A939AEF5A1.jpg
    A420B8761BD44D21B7A832A939AEF5A1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 71

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Dave van Ronk wasn't he the first to record the song,House of the Rising sun in its modern interpratation?
I know Bod Dylan had it as a hit in 1961 or two .Uh oh I strayed again,Bottles only, Bottles only, Bottles only, Bottles only, Bottles only, Bottles only,
Be strong, Be strong, Be strong, Be strong, Be strong, Be strong, Be strong,
3 years of posts gone, 3 years of posts gone, 3 years of posts gone, 3 years of posts gone,
Dont do it... Dont do it... Dont do it...Dont do it..Dont do it...Dont do it... striker your comin in too low
echo....echo....echo....echo....echo....echo....echo....May day May day May day May day May day May day

bearswede

Reaction score
Dave van Ronk wasn't he the first to record the song,House of the Rising sun in its modern interpratation?

[blockquote] I had learned it sometime in the 1950s, from a recording by Hally Wood, the Texas singer and collector, who had got it from an Alan Lomax field recording by a Kentucky woman named Georgia Turner. I put a different spin on it by altering the chords and using a bass line that descended in half steps—a common enough progression in jazz, but unusual among folksingers. By the early 1960s, the song had become one of my signature pieces, and I could hardly get off the stage without doing it.[/align] —Dave Van Ronk[5][/align] [/blockquote]

Stardust

Reaction score
Steve,
I'm really sad to hear this happened to you. I'm glad you're back as your one of the nicest, sincere, people here on the forum. Wish they caught the member who played, stardust2 complete with my signature making posts to lobeycat sometime back. So you're not the first joker here, you just happened to get caught and someone else got away. So, there's still a rat out there.

I respect the fact that you came back and told what happened as I wondered what was going on.
Take care my friend.
star~

glass man

Reaction score
THIS IS JUST FOR YOU BRO. STEVE!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib