River Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Some of these listed finds are interesting 0 But we don't have enough information to get really interested in them. To Analise a bottle we need to know the type of finish, applied and tooled; without vertical neck ring seams. If there is a pontil mark on the bottom; and the detailed embossing if there is any. With that much information we could and might want to know if you were keeping or selling what you find. I am just wishing for gaining more interest. RED Matthews

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Sand_pontil said:
Im confused
Me too! But then, what else is gnu? According to Matt's book, the Flagg's appears to be fairly common priced at $15-20 for "early version" or a key mold, 20-25 for a hinge mold, and 140-160 for OP. The Ingall's was real common at $5-10 but there is a scarce Mandrake Compound by them listed at $45-55. I personally think Matt tends to lean on the conservative side on the non-pontiled stuff, usually pretty close with the pontiled ones. Found 3 listings for the Mowes Bitters in this century, but they all were smooth base. One described as light green coloration sold for $840 (2007), one deep bluish aqua for $532 (2008) and one aqua $275 (2002). Can only guess what a pontiled one might fetch. Really like those utility ones. Jack

Sand_pontil

Reaction score
Im going to have to buy a copy of that PDF. It appears to be very informative! I looked on NEXUS and the only MOWES listed was noted as OP so I figured thats what this was but perhaps not. Thanks!!!!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Mowes did have a pontiled cough medicine, so it is possible yours was too.....just speculating however.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
PS- I noticed it (bitters) is not listed in Digger Odells pontiled medicine book, only the cough balsam.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter