Ry's 2007 privy dig posts w/ guest diggers!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediger

Reaction score
LC no sadly it was not pontiled but had to be close to that time period

Ry

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I don't think they where pontil, but im not sure (pine tar) the one I found wasn't either, but who caressss its still a great bottle. Rick

Jim

Reaction score
Super, killer dig, guys! The cobalt ink is awesome, I've only ever dug ONE open pontil ink and it was aqua of course. Ry, I'm glad Philly finally treated you good. You deserve it, bro. I doubt if even George W. and Rick's forked-tongue demon buddy could top that dig [:D][:D]. Very cool photos. ~Jim

LC

Reaction score
Thanks Ry, the reason I asked was because I have one and it is not pontiled either. I was just curious if there were earlier ones that might have had pontils to give a person an idea as to how far they go back in time. I have never seen one that was. It does not really matter, they are a beautiful bottle regardless. That would be a good research project for someone who lives in the city and state in which it comes from.

LC

Reaction score
I bought the one I have at an auction around fifteen or twenty years ago Rick, and I have not seen another one in my area since. I have also not been to a bottle show for around the same amount of time either. Do they show up often at the bottle shows?

bottlediger

Reaction score
thanks jim for the complements!

L C - they do turn up quite a bit, and are found in tons of differnt sizes, colors, and molds. The first one i dug was acutally broken this was last year and was in one of the hardest to find colors and mold varations it was safire blue....Some are embossed 1858 so I think that is the earlist they go back to also they are from philadelphia Pa.

Take care guys and thanks again so much for the comments

Ryan

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

Thanks Ry, the reason I asked was because I have one and it is not pontiled either. I was just curious if there were earlier ones that might have had pontils to give a person an idea as to how far they go back in time. I have never seen one that was. It does not really matter, they are a beautiful bottle regardless. That would be a good research project for someone who lives in the city and state in which it comes from.

They are noted in this article BY DR. RICHARD CANNON . http://www.glswrk-auction.com/mc22.htm The iron pontil variation is rare.

Matt.

LC

Reaction score
Thanks Matt, that was a super informative article, thanks for thinking of me, I appreciate it greatly, Lou

bottlediger

Reaction score
Here a pic of the slim pickins i brought home on the last privy digs, dont even worth doing a write up of the dig it just wasnt that good. Take care

Ry

40A60C4E2AE04439BF70CE90100AE0EA.jpg

Attachments

• 40A60C4E2AE04439BF70CE90100AE0EA.jpg
    40A60C4E2AE04439BF70CE90100AE0EA.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 54

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member