Ry's 2007 privy dig posts w/ guest diggers!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediger

Reaction score
11-17-07 Dig

Today dig I am going to have to call the Poison pit! George & Matt came up today to dig, we located a house to dig. George goes into the back yard, says the pit is going to be right there, pointed to a spot, first push of the probe, bam privy. It was amazing, I had to laugh. It was a large yard and he picked out the spot exactly, there was no sink or anything. The pit turned out to be a circular stoneliner. We opened her up and right away a triloid poison pops out, then a skull/crossbones poison, then a broken coffin doh!, then an amber poison. IT was nuts. I was just waiting for the skull figural to pop out haha I wish. Didn’t hit much after that, we got a local hutch and some other common bottles. But the heart breaker of the hole was a FIGURAL INDIAN QUEEN BITTERS…..browns celebrated bitters pat 1867. Beautiful bottle I was heart broken but kept all the pieces to try to glue it back together, that didn’t work out to well but I have about 65% of it. The pit went about 8 ft deep and was filled with water from about 4ft down. All in all it was a fun pit, just a shame that Indian queen didn’t survive :(

Digger Ry

bottlediger

Reaction score
Matt in the hole acting like he dug out those poisons [:D]
PB170009.jpg

finds
PB170013.jpg

poisons
PB170014.jpg

heartbreaker...what a beautiful bottle
PB170022.jpg

poisons
PB170027.jpg

All for now until next time

Digger ry

justadddirt

Reaction score
Nice finds Ry. Those poisons are sweet. I don't know why but I never find poisons. Jim from Lewistown is going to be jealous. Too bad about the Queen Bitters. What is the color. Looks green to me. Once again, nice dig.

bottlediger

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yes the poisons were a nice suprise. I have been finding a lot of them latly and probly 10 total this year. The queen however would have been much nicer, the color is the most common color dark amber, still a very hard bottle to dig as you can see this one smashed to pieces [:'(]

Digger Ry

bottlediger

Reaction score
bumpin this up to hopefully get people off the bickering subject and because im getting excited about my next dig!

[:D]

Jim

Reaction score
Me too, Ry! I'm ready for a pit. We have a decent shot at finding an older pit this weekend. We already dug one there that was 70s-80s, but the original houses on the lot were late 1700s or VERY early 18s, so there is at least one good, old pit hiding out.

Poisons sure are fun to dig. Other than the killer coffin that Gene got, we have dug a few poisons from the pits this year. One of my favorites was the clear STRYCHNIA POISON (strychnine!). Even the common little ambers are cool, you just don't find them every day. Good luck on your next pit, buddy. Hopefully, we will both have some goodies to post. ~Jim

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlediger

bumpin this up to hopefully get people off the bickering subject and because im getting excited about my next dig!

[:D]

post some pics then.

l_be68d7ec440ac99d4e48ffb28098f984.gif

bottlediger

Reaction score
Well its been almost a month since ive been out in the pits, really depressing but Ive been extremly busy. Anyway I got togeather with some of the guys yesterday and we dug two 8 ft pits. One was a round bricker, the other was a barrel for 4 ft and then turned into a round brick for the last 4 ft. Both were filled about the same hitting toc up high and on the bottom pulling out 70s stuff. Didnt do to well but we did manage about 20 or 30 keepers which inluded local meds, hutchs, wisebeer, blobs, marbles, yellow spa mineral water bottle (best find), and some other stuff. It was a fun dig even tho the pits were wet from about 2 ft down....and the temp out was in the 30's [&o]
Only about 12 more days of digging left in 07, finish it off with a blast and make sure to be safe!!!
take care
Digger Ry

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks