S. Rogers applied blob bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
It's possible 1885 was last year. But from my research on other older Breweries or Bottling works I assume maybe they would not be on a Sanborn Fire Insurance Map because sometimes the operation is so small out of there Residential House Basement, Saloon Basement, Hotel Basement, shed out back ect., ect., LEON.

Hezezilla

Reaction score
It's possible 1885 was last year. But from my research on other older Breweries or Bottling works I assume maybe they would not be on a Sanborn Fire Insurance Map because sometimes the operation is so small out of there Residential House Basement, Saloon Basement, Hotel Basement, shed out back ect., ect., LEON.
I would imagine that bottling beer would have been an expensive endeavor at the time. After all, one not only had to purchase the bottle but also needed to have the proper machinery to fill and seal it as well. Furthermore, I believe there were taxes on bottling beverages at the time. I wonder if the Sanborn maps extended further back in time so we could see whether or not the brewery had a large location.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Sanborns usually only go back to when the town first had a Fire Department. Leon.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973