Sailboat /New Jersey Bridgetown

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I hope you get a response, I like to hear what they say..I've made some notations of my own since you brought it up.Have a mentioned that I wished my name ended with a k or even ck? Mines just c and most of my life I thought that was boring. I'm old now so it doesn't bother me as much but into my thirties I wished it was spelled differently. [:D]

AlleganyDigger

Reaction score
Rika posted: "Wow! Thank you guys, not what I expected. I would never have thought bottles could make you emotional." Well said. Many bottles I've owned, (and some I still own), have forged an emotional connection I'll keep longer than the bottles themselves. I have little problem selling most of them due to the fact that it will allow me to buy another bottle, and enjoy the emotions all over again. That said; I'd be willing to purchase (or trade for) the free-blown green "chestnut" you have pictured on page 1. I live in western NY and would be willing to drive to see the bottle in person. If interested in trade, I'd post a bottle I have in mind (a nice historic flask to go with yours) here for group approval since you are new to this. Either way, congrats, and enjoy those beauties. Ron

Rika

Reaction score
Hi Ron,Thank you for the offer, I am still thinking about what I want to do with the bottles since this is all new to me but I will let you know. Erika

Rika

Reaction score
Update on the Santa BottleI recieved an email back from M.G Husted's Great Grandaughter
"Rika, YES I have heard about the Santa bottles and can confirm that he made them. I don't think anyone in the family has any, my grandpa sold almost all of what we had that he crafted. There's a little bit in the collection at Wheaton Village. Where did you come upon one?

So glad you found my profile. Would you mind sharing a photograph with me by e-mail or uploading one to Wikitree and tagging him ? : )

Heather "

Wow, that takes care of that mystery only problem is I love that bottle but now I feel like giving it to her.
Erika

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's great Erika, thank you. I sent the info onto http://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks/ . I think David will be interested.
Wow, that takes care of that mystery only problem is I love that bottle but now I feel like giving it to her.
That would be a nice gesture. I think they usually sell in the $30-50 range but if this does turn out it may go way up. [8|] HERE'S a writeup on the sailboat flasks and the glasshouse. Steve does extensive research.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
You've come a long way from almost selling them at a yard sale to adding lost information to this age-old hobby. The bottle bug strikes again!

AlleganyDigger

Reaction score
Indeed, bitten hard.Yes Rika, take your time with those free-blown beauties.When and if you are ready to add a steam engine flask (or something else) to your collection let me know and possibly we can strike a trade. I collect the chestnuts. [attachment=SWR.JPG]
[attachment=Capturebvgh.JPG]

Attachments

• 8abfd0cdee02416fbdb0f62cacf441fe.jpg
    8abfd0cdee02416fbdb0f62cacf441fe.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 5b7c62b2452f48a9866847075d9674e4.jpg
    5b7c62b2452f48a9866847075d9674e4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 72

sandchip

Reaction score
What'd be worse than selling them for 10 bucks in a yard sale would be for them to be put out by the street for the trash truck. It happens. A friend of mine rescued this driving through a nice neighborhood where I thought half-intelligent people lived. A larger pottery churn didn't survive the toss. Erika, I'm glad you came here first. You have some really nice treasures there.[attachment=pot.jpg] [attachment=pot1.jpg]

Attachments

• b58130ffe098442bb8ee71d9e6f77a76.jpg
    b58130ffe098442bb8ee71d9e6f77a76.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 4454c5262435437d8bef7fdfb5f2efad.jpg
    4454c5262435437d8bef7fdfb5f2efad.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 77

Rika

Reaction score
@cowseatmaize , I hope M.G husted gets the recognition for these bottles now and thank you for the info on the flasks interesting stuff!@MichaelFla, I wonder how many people do sell nice bottles at yard sales or like @sandchip found just throw treasure out with the trash. It makes me sad that history can just be destroyed like that. @AlleganyDigger That steam engine flask is a beauty! and I can understand why you collect the chestnuts they are beautiful delicate little creatures especially when the sun shines on them. Think I might go take a ride to Wheaton village today, I cant believe I have lived so close to it and have never been.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Did you go? What did you think and learn?I heard back from David and he found the info very interesting. More research need to be done but you've really started something here. Something very good. [:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen