Santa Ana, Calif. Hutches

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Just for kicks I want to share pix of the 4 known variants of Santa Ana, Calif. (my town of birth) Hutch sodas. The 2 G.W. WELLS are mug base (slug plate mold) and smooth base (private mold) . The other 2 are GRUMBACH & SCHUMACHER and GRUMBACH & SCHUMAKER (mis-spelled). All of these are scarce to rare.

430C6E09789E447EA5C38D1CB7B4EC02.jpg

Attachments

• 430C6E09789E447EA5C38D1CB7B4EC02.jpg
    430C6E09789E447EA5C38D1CB7B4EC02.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 59

westernbottles

Reaction score
I had one of those mug based ones years ago . Traded it , wish I still had it . Cool Stuff .

Lowell

Reaction score
Nice pictures, Jim.

I realize that this thread is over two months old. I felt compelled to post this reply because I haven't seen other examples of G.W. Wells or Grumbach & Shumacher bottles since the early 1970's. What a treat to find them both in the same place! I hadn't seen the misspelled version of the Grumbach & Shumacher before. Nice find, that.

I have both versions of the G.W. Wells Hutchinson type, along with two of their later crown tops.

I have two Grumbach & Shumacher Hutchinson type, each a different color of glass. Have two of their later crown tops, also.

Like you, I am an Orange County native. Spent many weekends (and even some school days) digging for bottles in O.C., L.A. and Riverside counties with my dad when I was a kid. Crawled under many houses, too. I collected soda bottles. Sold or traded most of the other bottles that I dug up. My dad collected Owl Drug bottles.

Cheers,

Lowell

Dansalata

Reaction score
hey lowell i grew up in brea.we used to dig in brea near birch and associated road there was a big dump up there..also by the fullerton golf course..cheers!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter