Sarsaparilla

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
I have a clear bottle from the 1920's[it has a o in a square Owens bottle company..1903-1929..my bottle is machine made and has a crown top with the top still on that reads "SARSAPRILLA" on the top.

It is embossed UNION BOTTLING WORKS ..right above the middle of the bottle on one side and Cincinnati Ohio ..on the other side..the middle is embossed trade "P" mark in a circle below that it is embossed "Registered" on one side and "7 Flo_Ozs. on the other.

On the bottom it is again embossed with the trade "P" mark and the o in the square..and some numbers

It has a "mug" base curves in the middle then goes into being "fluted" [right word?] up to the neck.

A dilimma I have is it still has the liquid in it and some has turned into "gunk" that floats around.This hide the looks of the bottle..but if I mess with the cap that has Saraparilla on it...I used to have a couple of "cappers" but sold them..

Would it be better to try to gently as I can get the top off are leave it be?

There is one like it on ebay that is no where as good shape wise as mine and has no cap..which is really the only way to know what the bottle contained..The person has $19.94 buy it now [why 94?] and $8.44 shipping..[dreaming or does the person know something I don't?]

Has any one heard of this one?Is any one interested in buying mine...I don't expect to get what that other person on ebay ain't getting for it...I THANK ANY ONE FOR ANY HELP! !! JAMIE

zecritr

Reaction score
Ouch i did word that wronggggg didn't i LMAO yeah I hope not there also :)

wow didn't even get .99 for it,and for the price of a quater tank of gas i can go down the road and pick it up lol oh well good thing i don't want it that bad.
would prefer jamies if i was to get one of those. even with the gunk lol

glass man

Reaction score
Yes..I knew the person that had the one for sale was really dreaming!!I guess if dreaming may as well dream big!

For me the bottle itself ain't all that appealing ,it is the top with the Sarsaparilla that is on it that would make it worth much at all...

I have been dragging it to bottle shows now for years..we are almost like old friends that can't really stand each other and get sick to our stomachs just looking at each other and wondering how we ever became friends to start with...[:D]...

I wish no shipping was involved would gladly sell it for 5 bucks..gladly?That is not a strong enough word..ecstatically even would be an understatement!! JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
THAT one was suppose to be this one. Oops!
Anyway, I've have openers that do almost no damage. Short of that, a good counter edge and a semi strong hit with your hand does OK. I'd dump it.
What condition is the top in and does it state more that just SARSAPARILLA?

celerycola

Reaction score
I remove caps with a flat screwdriver working bit by bit around the edges of the crimped cap until I can pull it off with my hand.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

THAT one was suppose to be this one. Oops!
Anyway, I've have openers that do almost no damage. Short of that, a good counter edge and a semi strong hit with your hand does OK. I'd dump it.
What condition is the top in and does it state more that just SARSAPARILLA?

The top has a little rust on it..but not that notacible..as the SASAPAILLA is in nice black letters..below it is some kind of emblem or somen.Dang I had to go look it in the face again!![:)]

YEAH I think I will dump the lumpy liquid out...gonna take a smell first just to see how gross it might smell..JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS