Schiedam -bug in glass?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bart

Reaction score
Found a bottle that says Udolphowolfe's Schiedam aromatic schnapps. Bottle is green rectangle bottle with many bubbles and what appears to be an insect in the glass itself.
If it is a bug, do you think it would hurt the value of the bottle? Thanks!

IRISH

Reaction score
I don't think an insect would stand up to the temperature of molten glass, if it is indeed an insect though it would in my opinion make a common bottle into one I wouldn't mind having on my shelf [:)] .

Ryan

Reaction score
Yep, nothing organic can survive the furnace, but occasionally rocks or pieces of metal can get in there. In my opinion they really add to the uniqueness of the bottle, and hence some people will pay a bit more for one with crude impurities such as yours. If you find a rare example where the impurities dominate the piece the value can go up significantly.

-Ryan

Bottleman

Reaction score
I have a bottle here that I found a few months ago that has a bug stuck in the original medicine. I dug it with about half the medicine still in it and when I was cleaning it out I noticed the bug so stopped cleaning it but it was to late, the bug had already washed away but the imprint is still in there. The bottle is a plain mold blown medicine bottle dating back to the late 1800s. The picture is not the best but you can still see the imprint. I am guessing the bug went inside the bottle for a taste of the med but unfortunately got stunk in it. The medicine is as hard as a rock so the imprint will stay there for a while. Bart, do you have a picture of the bug in your bottle?

~~Tom (Bottleman12)

Pn37007.jpg

Attachments

• Pn37007.jpg
    Pn37007.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member