SCHUTZMARKE LIMONADE???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tadunk

Reaction score
i have found 2 Coca-Cola bottles that say SCHUTZMARKE LIMONADE under the Coke label...i think they are german maybe...anyone with anyinfo?

digdug

Reaction score
Yes-those would be German Coke bottles. For some reason the German word for soda/carbonated beverages is limonade. I think the SCHUTZMARKE means TRADE MARK.

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi Is the bottle embossed or painted. If it is embossed I would be interested in purchasing it. My main collecting is Barq's Rootbeer, the second thing is foreign embossed Coke bottles. There are quite a few variations of the embossed German Coke bottle. Does it have a date on the bottom? Does they other side say schutzmarke koffeinhaltig?
thanks,
BARQS19

tadunk

Reaction score
Barqs19- yes it does say schutzmarke koffeinhaltig on the reverse side. It is also embossed, there are some numbers on the bottom but i am unsure what thy mean, there is also a "G" or a "6" on the bottom with a crown on top.

BARQS19

Reaction score
Ok that's one of the newer ones. I guess 50s. Worth between $10-$20. It would cost that much in shipping from germany just to get one.
BARQS19

tadunk

Reaction score
weird thing is i found it in the ground at a farm in eastern washington...wonder how that happened

dsmith8275

Reaction score
My German bottle

Hi Is the bottle embossed or painted. If it is embossed I would be interested in purchasing it. My main collecting is Barq's Rootbeer, the second thing is foreign embossed Coke bottles. There are quite a few variations of the embossed German Coke bottle. Does it have a date on the bottom? Does they other side say schutzmarke koffeinhaltig?
thanks,
BARQS19

Mine is painted and has nothing on the bottom but has 8/78 on the side at the bottom. It also has, "AUTOMATEN FLASCH" at the top of the bottle. Does that mean it was meant for vending machines? It is a .33l bottle.

dsmith8275

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles