Searching?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jelizabeth

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Julia, a newcomer ...

Just wondering if any of you have tips for searching the forums. I hate to ask questions before I see if they've already been addressed, but when I search for terms like "amber," which I *know* are here in spades, I get zero results. Have tried the advance search with various iterations checked, and no luck.

Is it just a case of a weak search engine?

Anyway, I apologize in advance if I ask questions clearly addressed elsewhere.

And glad I found you folks!

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I type in "amber" and get 15 pages of results, not sure what the issue is...Jim

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Julia!
Yeah, the search engine here baffles even the most experienced of us at times.. please feel free to start new topics, ask questions, etc.. we're always glad to help out.. [:)]

jelizabeth

Reaction score
Jim, it's a mystery ... I just tried again and had the same, zero results. Odd!

Thanks cyberdigger! Even if no one has the answer, I just wanted to put it on record that I do try, first! ;-)

epackage

Reaction score
Julia after you type in amber in the search box what do you do next exactly ??

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Google works with extra finagling but a member here has provided such a forum search.
Try this from;
http://www.antiquemedicines.com/bottlelinks.htm

jelizabeth

Reaction score
Jim, I get "no results available" or some such. BUT, I have had success! I couldn't see what it would have to do with the browser, since I would have thought the searching would be done by a script on the remote site's server, but I decided to give it a shot, anyway; I logged in via Firefox instead of my usual Safari, and lo and behold, a ton of returns when I did the same search.

cowseatmaize, thank you! I'm glad to have that page for the links, even if I don't have to resort to that search function!

druggistnut

Reaction score
Welcome, Julie. What state do you hail from?
Are you a novice collector, do you dig, how did your interest in antique bottles come about?
Bill

grugirl

Reaction score
Yeah, WELCOME JULIE! I am also fairly new to the forum. These guys are helpful, funny, some are weird but it is a cool place to hang out if you wanna learn. I too believe the search engine here has some major problems. Too bad that couldn't be fixed by some of the moderators or folks that know how. It limits the learning. Teacher by trade so I had to say that.
Anyhow, what do you collect, how do you collect, do you dig and yes, where the heck are you?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR