Separating monograms from figures

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

treeguyfred

Reaction score
So, we had a monogram thread that has slowed down a little... I was looking at some of my bottles that I pulled for the monogram discussion. I decided to separate the monograms from the trademark icons or figures
To illustrate here's some trademark icons / figures
IMG_6230 (2).jpgIMG_6231 (2).jpgIMG_6193 (2).jpgIMG_6189 (3).jpgIMG_6190 (2).jpg
So, there ya go, Frank Linke with both, a lovely monogram (fancy F L) and his "Trademark" a chain with 5 links first two pics. Then a T.P. Meyer of Montclair, N.J. with a Rooster trademark. Next, a G.B. Dippolito from Vineland, N.J. A three mast sailing ship for a trademark icon. And lastly, for now, the anchor for that sailing ship... from anchor Bottling Co. Atlantic City, N.J.
...this is fun, hope y'all enjoy...
~Fred

treeguyfred

Reaction score
A couple of more trademark figures/icons ....

IMG_6188 (3).jpgIMG_6189 (1).jpgIMG_6240 (2).jpgIMG_6239 (2).jpg

First one A. Cerbo & co. Perth Amboy, N.J. with a magnificent Buck whitetail deer , second - W. Poulson, Perth Amboy,N.J. with a crazy looking eagle? ..and the last two pics are from Newark, N.J. Ideal Mineral Water MFG co. Trademark icon, a man proudly holding a flag or banner reading EXCELSIOR.
so, have I gained anyone's interest?
~Fred

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Wow, not a popular thread... :(

Oh well, I will continue on anyway.. Haha
Next one is a W.H. Cawley out of Dover, N.J. The idea here is his last name is apparently pronounced like Collie (the dog breed). So, that is supposed to be a Collie image. I got this one from feeBay several years ago prolly 2013. The seller had used some black paint to bring out the image for photos. I cleaned it somewhat, removed a bit of it but left it with remnants so that the image is easier to see.
IMG_2063 (2).jpgIMG_6268 (2).jpg
In this next photo, I have a few Wm Umbach from Carlstadt, N.J. I've included this photo because it shows Umbach used anchor images as a trademark icon. And before he utilized the anchor image he had a stylized W U fancy block letters monogram.
Umbaugh bottles 3-3-2021 (2).jpgIMG_2934 (2).jpg
The last photo shows the same W U monogram on the bottom of the gravitating stopper blobtop.
a real mix n match with the Umbach bottles.
March monogram madness baby!
~Fred

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75