Set of about 30 bottles up for grabs -- take all or some

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ilyaz

Reaction score
I've decided to part with a set of about 30 bottles that I've dug up at the same location over the last couple of months. One reason is that my wife wants to clear some space in the basement and this treasure did not make it to the list of what stays. :-(

Here is an album with the photos: http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad252/ilyaz73/All%20bottles%202011-12-10/?start=all

For now each photo is only labeled with a number for reference but I will be happy to provide you with any additional info I can dig up on any of them.

The thing is, it is my understanding, although I might be wrong, that none of these bottles are particularly valuable. So if I offer them on eBay with all the eBay and PayPal fees, I will have hard time breaking even. So I'd like to offer them directly. If you want any of these, let me know. Then we can figure out some sort of reasonable price. I am not going to be haggling to death, I just want to move these, preferably not into my recycling bin, and if I can make a buck or two in the process, I'll be happy.

Again, ask me any questions -- either as PM or as a forum response.

Whichever bottles are not claimed will be recycled.

Thanks for looking!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you, but most of those look like recycling material. Some of the sodas are alright, but don't have much value.

ilyaz

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RIBottleguy

Sorry to break it to you, but most of those look like recycling material. Some of the sodas are alright, but don't have much value.

No problem, thanks for confirming what I have suspected.

ilyaz

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bottles r LEET

The Club soda and Certo are decent bottles.

Thanks but which ones are these? Still learning my bottles I guess...

ilyaz

Reaction score

Certo: #6. The yellow one.
Soda: # 11.
The ink in 9 looks good too.

Thanks! I kinda like the ink bottle too. The only problem with it is that it has a crack. Not sure if this type of crack has a name but I don't feel any damage to the glass when I slide my finger over the crack either on the outside of the bottle or the inside:

IMG_3063.jpg

ilyaz

Reaction score

It looks like an internal fracture. If you don't manage to sell any bottles, make sure you save these 3.

Do you mean for some long-term storing to wait for them to go up in value? I found similar ones on eBay sold for peanuts. Is it really likely that in 2, 3 or even 10 years they will be any more rare or valuable?

Thx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday